Thursday, June 2, 2011

¿ OBVIOUS LUCK OR DIVINE AWESOMENESS ?




It doesn't really matter to me at this point whether the people that were put in my life to share my name were hand picked or sporadically dropped into place. Even though I believe the first is right, the truth is that either way I look at it, I am still incredibly blessed and lucky to have the family that I do. It sucks that I have to be away for a month for this realization to really hit me again, as it rightfully has before, but that doesn't make it less true. From loving God Fearing parents to believing and loyal siblings, I really have it all. Today I miss cooking with my mom and building with my dad. Talking with my sister and doing any number of ridiculous things with my brother.

For some reason I also miss things now that could have driven me crazy before. Like the way they relentlessly make fun of me for thinking things I did about our family's finances when I was little. I don't care if I really did or didn't eat butter and bread sandwiches when I was little because we were too poor to buy PB&J, the fact that I thought I did is really pretty funny, and if they want to give me crap for that then they are more than welcome to. It's the fact that they shared those things that I remember growing up that allows them to make fun of me and get away with it without staggering away with a black eye.

Now as my whole family has reached adulthood in some way shape or form we are really getting to redefine our relationships from what they were growing up. I get to graduate from annoying little brother to someone who actually matters ;) Being able to still look to my parents for guidance but also talk to them not only as family but some of the best friends I have is more priceless than the cheesiest mastercard comercial to date.

It is because of my family that I am who I am today. The talents that I walk with daily have been recognized and cultivated by them in some way. As I end this, my most sentimental blog post ever I realize and thank God that my family has really been there for me in the past and present.

I really am blessed. Plus, on more of a shallow level, check out how dang good they look!



(All the photos save for the one of Jenny are products of Jared Birt Photography via the PORTRAITS TO PROFILES: charitable photo event.)

No comments:

Post a Comment